Re: Convert Scheme symbol to pitch

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: Convert Scheme symbol to pitch
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 17:41:34 -0500

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 02.03.2017 um 22:28 schrieb address@hidden:
>> Is it possible to convert a symbol (such as `'bes'`) to a pitch (in
>> this case `(ly:make-pitch 1 0 0)`)? I know you can do `#{ bes' #}` to
>> get a pitch, but that only appears to work for constants.
>>
>> Or, for a more general question: is there some way to eval() a string
>> as Lilypond code?

Where does the string originate? If it is produced by some other
programming interface/language, maybe it be easier to adjust your code
so that the string is wrapped in something like `\myMusic = { <strings
here> }`.

What does the input look like? A bunch of strings in a list/array, or
one big string as an input file?