Re: Suggestion for Frescobaldi: engrave parent

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Suggestion for Frescobaldi: engrave parent
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 11:55:33 +0100

Hi Andrew,

somehow I have the feeling you're missing two available options.

a)
Frescobaldi has the concept of *master* variables. With these you can specify in an input file which file should be compiled instead. You can find the documentation in Frescobaldi's help at Frescobaldi Manual -> Editing Files -> Document Variables.

From your post it sounds like this is what you need. But if you're talking about the Kayser project you actually need

b)
You can pin one of the documents to be compiled. You can either check LilyPond->Always Engrave (if the document is the currently active one) or you can right-click on a document tab to check the same option.

I think this is what you want to do with make.ly.

HTH
Urs