Re: lyric extenders not always appearing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: lyric extenders not always appearing
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 19:12:18 +0100

> Hi David,
>
>> Have you searched the user/bug mailing list for "lyric extenders"?
>> Because I am getting tired of answering this question.
>
> Searching the user list was the first thing I did. (Admittedly, I
> didn’t search the bug list.)
> None of the threads I found that way gave me a hint how my problem
> might be solved.

Either works.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2017-02/msg00030.html

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-02/msg00452.html

I've submitted a patch changing the default of extendersOverRests to
what it effectively was hardwired to be before.

Current branch: issue5087
Tracker issue: 5087 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5087/)
Rietveld issue: 318660043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/318660043)
Issue description:
  Let extendersOverRests default to ##t  This was effectively
  unchangingly the case before issue 5053 fixed the respective code.
  However, the relation to actual behavior seems so tenuous that it
  appears more prudent to reenable this by default and only disable it
  again (if at all) once the behavior corresponds better with name and
  documentation.

Someone™ would need to figure out what this option should and should not
do and then the code should be adapted accordingly and its default
decided.

--
David Kastrup