Re: Midi velocity output

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Midi velocity output
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 09:29:41 -0700 (MST)

Tim Aldegarmann wrote
> Hello!
>
> My question concerns MIDI output. I wonder if there is way in Lilypond to
> give every note a velocity value. I don't mean using dynamic markings,
> just want to enhance the MIDI output by for example giving every note in a
> chord a random velocity value.  I know that Lilypond is primarily used for
> music engraving, I'm just curious if there is way to do this.
>
> Best regards,
> Tim Aldegarmann

Hi Tim,

I personally use LilyPond really only for engraving, and prefer to use my
DAW or editor for more advanced MIDI tasks like what you're asking about -
however, maybe this can help? -->

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/dynamic-and-midi-velocity-td11312.html

..."There's a perl script `ConvertToVeolcity.perl' that can convert the midi
output and add velocity info to each note."

and

"Look at midi.scm in /usr/share/Lilypond"

Not sure how current that information is to your needs, but I hope this
helps!

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond