Re: A "phylosophical" question

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: A "phylosophical" question
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 19:39:16 +0000

On 3/25/17 12:51 PM, "Son_V" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Sorry for the subject, I wasn't able to choose a better one.
>I usually try to put in a beautiful way scores that came fro copy to copy.
>So I try to be loyal to what I find; but I got a score, see below,
>
><http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n201532/1.png>
>
>that Lilypond writes differently, see
>
><http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n201532/2.png>
>
>Who is right?

Both sets of beaming are acceptable.

In the vocal music example you give, it's probably most common that the
original beaming you found is better than the lilypond beaming, because
there is one beam per syllable.

You could manually beam the notes to get them to look the way you want.

You could also change the characteristics of the automatic beaming if
you'd like.

This is covered in the Learning Manual:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/automatic-and-manual-b
eams

There are also links to the Notation Reference for more information about
beaming.

A better subject for this email would be "Beaming of vocal music".

If you include a small piece of LilyPond code that illustrates the problem
you are having, you are likely to have someone give you specific answers
to how to change your file.

You can see http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html for instructions on how
to create tiny
examples that show your challenges.