Re: Combining \tag with \quoteDuring does not work - addendum

From: Kaj Persson
Subject: Re: Combining \tag with \quoteDuring does not work - addendum
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:39:42 +0200

On 2017-03-27 at. 17:54, David Kastrup wrote:
Kaj Persson <address@hidden> writes:

Oh sorry, this was not according to my intention. And yet I embraced
the code with the HTML tags <code> ... </code>, a methode I have been
using several times before, with good results. Well I take your words
Some of them at least.  I did write an answer.

and send this e-mail again as pure text, which means I cannot paste
the images, why I instead attach them as files. Sorry for the mistake.

Here is the code:

\version "2.18.2"

Ma = \relative g' { c4 c c }
Mb = \relative g' { b4 b b }
Mc = \relative g' { a4 a a a a a \bar "||" }
Md = \relative g' { g4 g g }

Mj = { \Ma \Mb \Mc \tag #'X \Mb \Md }

Mk = \relative g' {
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s1*4*3/4 }
    \tag #'X { \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 } }
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 }
}
That likely doesn't do what you think it does.  If you remove the tagged
expression, what remains will be

Mk = \relative g' {
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s1*4*3/4 }
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 }
}
This is exactly what I want, but my impression is that I get this:

Mk = \relative g' {
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s1*4*3/4 }
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 } }
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 }
}

It just ignores and removes the "\tag #'X {".

My intention is that Mk shall follow Mj, and when the \removewithtag #'X is active the Mb shall be excluded (the second time) in Mj as well as in Mk. In Mj this works very well, but Mk ignores the tag and continues with Mb after Mc.

===>

Addendum:
My thought was that when \removeWithTag #'X is active, the variables would be:
 Mj = { \Ma \Mb \Mc \Md }
 Mk = \relative g' {
  \quoteDuring "Q" { s1*4*3/4 }
  \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 }
 }
 \addQuote "Q" { \Ma \Mb \Mc \Md }

so because Mj now does not contain the second \Mb, the quote in Mk should copy \Md, but as far as I can see \Mk does not behave so.

instead of

Mk = \relative g' {
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s1*4*3/4 }
    s4*3
    \quoteDuring "Q" { s4*3 }
}

So what gets removed is the _end_ of the quoted expression rather than
the middle.

\addQuote "Q" { \Ma \Mb \Mc \tag #'X \Mb \Md }
The tag here is ineffective since it is inside of the quote.

/Kaj