Re: Link to "A Complete List of Music Symbols With Their Meaning"

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Link to "A Complete List of Music Symbols With Their Meaning"
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 10:04:03 -0500

On Mon 03 Apr 2017 at 12:46:09 (+0200), Simon Albrecht wrote:
> Am 03.04.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Son_V:
> >Maybe useful for someone (I hope)
> >Should it be multilanguage...
>
> Through the Nabble interface one can actually see the link
> (I couldn’t here in Thunderbird).

I'm not sure what a "Nabble interface" is. I only know that I can
use the Nabble URL in a browser and then, and only then, I see the
link to buzzle. (I'm not being pedantic to be awkward; I just
can't look over your shoulder.)

Currently I receive address@hidden posts in three different ways:
(1) email subscriber, (2) plain text digest subscriber, (3) mime digest
subscriber, and of course I can look at the list through
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-04/msg00052.html

None of the four versions of the OP contains the buzzle link
or any indication that something was removed. So it would
appear that what people post on Nabble does not get
"Sent from the User mailing list archive at Nabble.com" intact,
but has bits removed at one end or the other.

Once it gets to address@hidden it's not safe either. As
mentioned here before, digest type (2) above has explicit attachments
"scrubbed" as well.

> Here it is for other non-Nabble users:
> <http://www.buzzle.com/articles/a-complete-list-of-music-symbols-with-their-meaning.html>
>
> I gotta say, this Nabble interface is quite incompatible with other
> ways of reading e-mail – and Thunderbird isn’t exactly uncommon…

As I say, I don't fully understand this remark. Are you saying that
Nabble can serve emails to an email client like Thunderbird using
standard protocols like IMAP/POP etc, or something different?

Cheers,
David.