Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in different installation contexts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in different installation contexts
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:09:31 +0200

Am 11.04.2017 um 17:55 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
> Urs Liska wrote Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:58 AM
>
>> e) Windows
>> I can imagine this isn't an issue because everything has to be bundled
>> anyway.
>> But I don't know about that. Please help me by giving me that information.
> Well, I've never seen that problem running Frescobaldi under Windows Vista,
> and I frequently invoke several different LP releases, so you could be right.

Actually I can't imagine that LilyPond on Windows in some way relies on
"system libraries" but probably bundles everything anyway. So there's
reason to think it's self-contained and immune to this issue.

But on Mac the directory layout is different (from the Frescobaldi code
I assume the executable is in
"/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin"), so I don't have
any idea about it.

OTOH I may well fix this issue for Linux only, thinking that probably
these error reports have only come from Linux users (?).

Urs

--
address@hidden
https://openlilylib.org