Hairpin endings

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Hairpin endings
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:42:50 +1000

I posted a while ago with a query about hairpins, to which no response.

Would there be any way to have hairpins that don't start, or end in the other direction, with the lines converging to the same point? I have need from time to time of hairpins where the end points are still separated, rather than coming to a termination together. Sure this can be done with a whiteout box, but that is always fiddly and the position tends to move when the score is repaginated etc etc. In the same way as the 'height' property allows you to specify the separation at the open end, it would be useful to have some property for this sort of thing at the pointy end. Yes, definitely not Common Era engraving practice, but this keeps coming up in the New Complexity scores I work with.

Any thoughts?

And by the way, a big thank you to the developers for recently adding shorten-pair support to Hairpin.

Andrew