Re: XML-Import into Frescobaldi Windows

From: ul
Subject: Re: XML-Import into Frescobaldi Windows
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:41:20 +0200

Am 2017-04-28 11:33, schrieb address@hidden:
I know this problem science 2.19.4?

2.19.4 of LilyPond or Frescobaldi?

The last working Lilypondversion I know is 2.19.41. I detected the first
time with 2.19.45 and 49.

Ah, OK. Then 2.19.4 was irritating because it doesn't mean 2.19.4x but essentially 2.19.04.

The problem exist with Frescobaldi 2.18/19 and 3. Win7 and win 10.

The report in Frescobaldi 3 is:
----------------------------
Starte lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.59 [La-valse-opaline-ende-1.ly]...
Processing `G:/Meine Noten/La-valse-opaline-ende-1.ly'
Parsing...
G:/Meine Noten/La-valse-opaline-ende-1.ly:12:23: error: EOF found inside
string
  encodingsoftware =
                      "
G:/Meine Noten/La-valse-opaline-ende-1.ly:12:23: error: syntax error,
unexpected end of input, expecting \header
  encodingsoftware =
                      "
fatal error: failed files: "G:/Meine Noten/La-valse-opaline-ende-1.ly"
Wurde mit dem Return-Code 1 beendet.
----------------------------

OK.
Obviously the string for 'encodingsoftware' is somehow mis-encoded. But the notepad-screenshot showed strang things for the whole document.

Could you please remove the whole header block from the imported document and compile it again? If it is a problem with the 'encodingsoftware' then it should compile fine, if it's a general problem it should choke on the next invalid characters.

Is seems not to be a matter of the xml-source, because I have the problem
with xml-files created by
- Musescore
- Capella
- Sibelius

It doesn't look like a problem with the xml file, yes. It's obviously coming from the output of the converter. What should be tested is if this is related to Frescobaldi or not. So could you try to also convert your file manually through the musicxml2ly tool?

Urs