Re: placing "opus"

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: placing "opus"
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:42:19 -0500

On Fri 28 Apr 2017 at 12:02:50 (-0400), Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> >> I can get everything but to the opus under the composer. My code is
> >> attached.
> > composer = \markup \center-column { "E. MacDowell" "Op. 51” }
>
> This is a good quick-and-dirty solution… but I’m not a fan of overloading
> functions, especially if Mark is going to be engraving a lot of pieces with
> the same title format. In that case, I’d definitely suggest tweaking the
> scoreTitleMarkup (and/or bookTitleMarkup) to place the opus number
> explicitly, and then the header variables can be kept separate (as Mark
> currently has them).

In which case, it might be worth reading NM §3.2.3 as well.
The Subtitles are really Pieces, whereupon printallheaders
(and all the consequent cancellations) becomes unnecessary.
Something like the attached perhaps (where I've not bothered
to restore the default's fontifications).

(Don't forget to change Will o' the Wisp to Will o’ the Wisp!)

Cheers,
David.