Re: Problems with musicxml2ly

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Problems with musicxml2ly
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:13:33 +0100

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 18:08 +1000, Don Gingrich wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2017 08:45:40 Richard Shann wrote:
[...]
> And, by the way, the chordnames above the staves vanished
> somewhere in your import.

Denemo's MusicXML import is very crude, it doesn't even try for chord
names, lyrics and probably quite a lot of other things, just
concentrates on reducing the labor of putting in all those dratted notes
and durations again. The upside of this is that it will often get you
*something* while musicxml2ly generally used to give up if it
encountered something bad in the input.

> I've now got two versions that I can try to work with.
>
> So, thanks for having a go.

Happy to test out musicXML import via Denemo any time, in the hopes of
finding places to improve it.

Richard