Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 17:16:19 +0200

Am 2017-05-29 um 08:24 schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> Johan Vromans <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 29 May 2017 14:24:52 +1000, Vaughan McAlley
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone actually use MIDI from the chord performer?
>>
>> I do. Although the voicing of the chords is not what a normal player
>> would do, it is okay for checking scores and practising.
>
> If the voicing went through guitar chord exceptions or similar
> instrument-specific contraptions also involved in typesetting, would
> that be more useful?

I imagine it would a bit, but not a lot.
My demands are not very sophisticated - normally for MIDI I transpose chords
one octave down, set them piano and use an instrument that has not too much
attack, like "fx 4 (atmosphere)".
Of course that doesn’t sound like guitar at all.
If I try to mimick my own picking, I don’t use the Chordmode voice in MIDI.
Maybe a library of picking styles would be possible on top of any internal
representation of chords?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle