Re: Adding an introductory note(s)

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Adding an introductory note(s)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 18:01:54 +0200

> Here's my melody line markup for The irish Washerwoman

Does the following do what you need?

\version "2.18.0"
\language "english"

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames {
      \chordmode {
        \partial 4
        \repeat volta 2 {
          r4
          g2.*2
          d2.*2:7
          g2.*2
          a4.:m d4.:7
          g2
        }
        \repeat volta 2 {
          s4
          g2.*2
          d2.*2
          c4. g4.
          a4.:m g4.
          a4.:m d4.:7
          g2
    \new Staff {
      \relative g' {
        \key g \major
        \time 6/8
        \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-circle-alphabet

        \partial 4
        \repeat volta 2 {
          d'8 c |
          \mark \default
          b8 g g d g g |
          b g b d c b |
          c a a d, a' a |
          c a c e d c |
          b g g d g g|
          b g b d c b |
          c b c a d c|
          b g g g
        }
        \break

        \repeat volta 2 {
          g' a |
          \mark \default
          b g g d g g |
          b g b b a g |
          a fs fs d fs fs |
          a fs a a g fs |
          e g g d g g |
          c, g' g b, g' g|
          c, b c a d c |
          b g g g

Note that the \repeat constructs can enclose incomplete measures.
Of course the last bar of each \repeat-ed section is incomplete, so a
bar check on those lines should (and indeed will) fail.
I also added a chord line that seems to satisfy your point 1 (r
produces "N.C.", s produces nothing).

> (there are a couple
> of custom macros here, but the sense should be obvious):

Next times, please provide compilable examples.
I had to figure out what needed to be in \global and what \ebar meant,
which was easy, but I couldn't understand the \dfrepeat command.

Best wishes.
Davide