Re: Setting paper for bookpart

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Setting paper for bookpart
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 22:19:06 +0200

> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>>> #(ly:output-def-set-variable! (ly:book-paper bkII) 'ragged-right #f)
>>
>> This works fine, but only if the bookpart already has \paper
>
> So use the LilyPond syntax variant instead?
>
> What are you currently after?  Getting some task done or working out
> where LilyPond's Scheme interfaces are having holes and getting them
> filled?
>
> Of course approaches differ then.

This thread was triggered by a request in the german forum
https://lilypondforum.de/index.php/topic,105.msg686.html
While I think there is a working sollution over there, I now try to
explore whether LilyPond could be improved with regard to this topic.

I can fill an empty bookpart with a header using ly:book-set-header!
I can fill an empty bookpart with scores using ly:book-add-score!
But obviously there's no possibility to get a paper into an empty
bookpart. Otherwise the answer would have been dropped hours ago.

What's needed to have/get/code such a function?

Cheers,
  Harm