Re: making parts : specific number of measures per line?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: making parts : specific number of measures per line?
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 19:52:00 +0200

> I don't get any barcheck problems in the flute part. I see it now... I think
> it's the multimeasure rests.
>
> Is there another way to do this so I don't have to alter all my multimeasure
> rests?
>
> On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 12:18 PM, David Wright <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun 06 Aug 2017 at 11:36:50 (-0400), Molly Preston wrote:
>> > Hi again everyone,
>> > I am trying the following for making 6 measures per line in the flute
>> > part.
>> >
>> > layoutContent = {
>> >
>> >      s1 *6 \break
>> > }
>> >
>> > \score {
>> > \new Staff <<
>> >    \new Voice {
>> > \fluteMusic
>> > }
>> >
>> >     \new Voice  {
>> > \repeat unfold 20 { \layoutContent }
>> >    }
>> > >>

>> > }
>> >
>> > If i use the repeat unfold command I get an error that states
>> >
>> > warning: forced break was overridden by some other event, should you be
>> > using bar checks?
>> >

>> > What events override a forced break?
>>
>> "Events, dear boy, events." … perhaps in \fluteMusic.
>>
>> Are you using bar checks? Do they give no errors?
>> Does a note duration cross a barline?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David.

You should research the reason for the warning.
Notes crossing a barline is only one possibility, non-breakable
glissandi another one, probably more.

\repeat unfold 20 {  s1 *6 \break }
compiles fine at its own, so there _must_ be something in fluteMusic
preventing the linebreak.
Without knowing fluteMusic nobody can say more.

Cheers,
  Harm