Re: Warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to execute helper progr

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to execute helper program (Invalid argument)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:32:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> I downloaded the latest unstable branch (2.19.65) and tried compiling a
> score. Afterwards, gspawn-win32-helper.exe got quarantined in my
> AntiVirus software (McAfee), which has never happened to me before on
> any of the stable or unstable branches. Now my score won't compile ewith
> the title error in the logfile. What should I do? Or should I just wait
> for a fix? Thanks for reading.

I doubt this is a lilypond problem.

I just installed 2.19.65 on my Windows 10 Pro system with plain vanilla Microsoft Defender and everything works just nicely. I therefor would (hesitantly) point my finger towards McAfee and/or your system.

You could try to uninstall/reinstall 2.19.65 and then disable McAfee and see if the problem persists. You may also file a bugreport/complaint with McAfee.

Kind regards,
Michael