Re: OpenType in LilyPond

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: OpenType in LilyPond
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 23:15:32 -0700

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:
if I understand correctly LilyPond already supports OpenType features and this will be documented in the next version (changes already have been pushed to master). Is this only for use in markup \overrides or can you select features document-wide? This would be nice:

\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (set-global-fonts
    #:music "cadence"
    #:brace "cadence"
    #:roman "Vollkorn" % Can this be Vollkorn with OT feature ss13?
    #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
  ))
}

I did some of the work on that feature. It currently can't be globally enabled. I'd need to explore a bit more to figure it out how to make it available globally, but seems like it should be doable. I can't promise anything soon though.

-----Jay