Re: XML import (WAS: A premiere by Daahoud Salim, typeset with LilyPond)

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: XML import (WAS: A premiere by Daahoud Salim, typeset with LilyPond)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 19:09:56 +0200

On 15/08/17 15:01, Richard Shann wrote:
> I agree with this advice, which is why Denemo's MusicXML is still so
> primitive. It has a few hiccups but it ignores most of what is not the
> the music per se but is instead decisions about how the music should
> look. I think LilyPond would be well served by a converter that takes
> all the pitches/durations and things like time signatures needed to make
> sense of them and ignores everything else.

Yes, I'd like to hack the musicxml2ly, if I only could, to filter the
conversion, as we can't do anything on the export from to XML process
from the other side.

As an alternative, smart regular expressions could be of help to filter
out certain elements from the ly code after the conversion. I'll try to
post those I used.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , csmbadajoz.com