Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 12:14:06 -0400

Hi Harm,

> The current structure makes it impossible in a convenient way.

=(

> Tbh, I didn't think of this.

Neither has the Lilypond development team, as far as I can tell: I don't know
of any way to do it currently (i.e., independent of your new functionality).

> You want to change fontsize of the italic parts, right?

Correct.

> Will you ever want to have this parts to be not italic but sth else?

Ideally, I suppose, all 'usual' text properties could be adjusted… but in my
use-cases, I set the main document font, the dynamic 'normal-text' font is
always italic, and I only need to adjust the size (relative to the size of the
dynamic font) in my stylesheet.

> Will you ever want to change fontsize of dynamic-font as well?

That can be done by setting

   \override DynamicText.font-size

> Will you ever want to have this parts to be not dynamic but sth else?

Don't know why that would ever happen? Maybe others have those use-cases…

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info