Re: Again: Bad magic number error message

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Again: Bad magic number error message
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 17:06:23 +0000

On 9/4/17 6:26 AM, "Thomas Scharkowski" <address@hidden> wrote:

>When I start convert-ly from the terminal, I get the following error
>message:
>
>Bad magic number in
>/Applications/Frescobaldi.app/Contents/Resources/site.pyc
>
>I do not know how to handle this.

This problem is likely due to convert-ly using the system installed python
when run from the terminal and the Frescobaldi installed python when run
from Frescobaldi.

I would try prefacing your convert-ly call with

/Applications/Frescobaldi.app/Contents/MacOS/python

which should be a shortcut to the Frescobaldi python, if your Frescobaldi
installation is like my Frescobaldi installation.

HTH,

Carl