Re: Header

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Header
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 08:28:09 -0400

On 9/28/2017 7:35 AM, Mario Moles wrote:

I would like, in small format, the title of the song on every page!

Mario,

Wouldn't this work then, as expected? A rather straight-forward header / title setup...just set one up for the title of the piece, for example.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers#titles-explained

Default layout of headers and footers

Headers and footers are lines of text appearing at the top and bottom of pages, separate from the main text of a book. They are controlled by the following \paper variables:

  • oddHeaderMarkup
  • evenHeaderMarkup
  • oddFooterMarkup
  • evenFooterMarkup

These markup variables can only access text fields from top-level \header blocks (which apply to all scores in the book) and are defined in ‘ly/titling-init.ly’. By default:

  • page numbers are automatically placed on the top far left (if even) or top far right (if odd), starting from the second page.
  • the instrument text field is placed in the center of every page, starting from the second page.
  • the copyright text is centered on the bottom of the first page.
  • the tagline is centered on the bottom of the last page, and below the copyright text if there is only a single page.