Skylines and custom MMR range engraver

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Skylines and custom MMR range engraver
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:47:18 -0400

Hi there,

There was this thread last February
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-02/msg00505.html
which ended up with a fully working custom MMR range engraver that
prints the first and last bar number of Multi-measure rests.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this code is mainly from Thomas Morley.

I've been using it for a little while now and I'm trying to fix an
issue with it.

The way the range get displayed *under* the staff seems hackish.
_this line :

\translate #'(0 . -7.5)

does not work y<0 because (I suppose) there is a collision with the
staff itself.

I suspect that, to overcome this limitation and thus being able to
print *bellow* the staff, _this line was added to make the object have
no dimensions at all thus no collision.

\with-dimensions #empty-interval #empty-interval

The problem with this is, as shown in the image attached, that there
is no skylines around the grob an thus collisions happens in the score
with adjacent systems.

I suspect the way to go with this is to make this markup go bellow the
staff in the first place.

How would you go about doing that?

In the hope of being clear enough.
I'm more that happy to be corrected as I am using most terms rather
loosely (grob, markup, engraver, etc).
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier