Re: missing staff lines

From: Rita Composer
Subject: Re: missing staff lines
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:14:18 +0200

I would like this (made by photoshop...):
Szövegközi kép 3

Instead of this:
Szövegközi kép 4

Thanks!

On 09.10.2017 11:56, Rita Composer wrote:
I would like to ask your help getting back the added line /or extra staff line (I couldn't find the appropriate name for it either)

So under the common 5 lines in the staff - somehow we lost the automatic cross line for c, or h,
It’s called a ledger line, and the grob is LedgerLineSpanner.

I can’t dig to the bottom of the problem right now, but here’s what I found:
The notes that don’t get ledger lines are wrapped in \melisma{}, which wraps them in \neume{}, which replaces their note-head stencil in a quite curious fashion that seems to prevent them from being recognised by Ledger_line_engraver.  Commenting the overrides to LedgerLineSpanner in the gregorianContext definition doesn’t solve the problem.

It seems like you’d need a somewhat simpler solution for your typesetting purposes which doesn’t involve replacing the note-head stencil with a score markup… can you say why you need that or what you are actually aiming for (maybe with an illustration)?

Best, Simon