Re: install lilypond info doc on linux

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: install lilypond info doc on linux
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 19:20:56 -0500

On Sat 14 Oct 2017 at 15:02:08 (+0200), Orm Finnendahl wrote:
>  is there any information somewhere how to install lilypond's info
> documentation into info/emacs on linux? On my machine the documents
> are in /usr/share/info but the dir file in that directory is more or
> less empty and I would like to populate it in the correct/recommended
> way.

# cd /usr/share/info
# for j in foo.info bar.info etc.info ; do install-info "$j" dir ; done

to install foo, bar, etc. Of course, you can just do the lot:

# cd /usr/share/info
# mv dir dir-backup
# for j in * ; do install-info "$j" dir ; done

which saves you missing any.

If you install lilypond and its documentation under you own
home directory, you can also keep it all separate with

$ cd .../path-to/share/info
$ for j in * ; do install-info "$j" dir ; done

and use it with

$ info -d .../path-to/share/info

install-info makes a great deal of noise on my system,
which I just ignored (Debian).

Cheers,
David.