Markup + fermataMarkup over a note?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Markup + fermataMarkup over a note?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 12:17:43 +0800

Hi all,

In an unmetered section, the soloist has some longish rests that I would like
to notate this way, e.g.:

9-10"
fermata
full-bar rest (within the staff)

I know how to do the duration as a markup, and I know how to do \fermataMarkup,
but I don't know how to combine them and center them.

I saw a mailing list post from 2008(!) saying that \fermataMarkup can go into a
\markup{}, but either that post was mistaken, or the usage might have been
valid in 2.10 but not anymore in 2.18.

I also looked for the \musicglyph identifier for a fermata, but this seems not
to be documented in the Notation Reference's page on the Feta font. (Searching
the page text for "fermata" failed.)

Thanks,
hjh