Re: Approximate Time of 2.20 Release?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Approximate Time of 2.20 Release?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 08:56:59 +0100

Robert Murdoch <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I was curious if the development team has an estimation of when
> LilyPond 2.20 will be released. It would be nice to have some idea as
> to the approximate time it will happen. It says 2.19.80 is "a
> pre-release for the upcoming stable 2.20 release" on LilyPond's news
> page, so will 2.20 be next or will there be a 2.19.81?

There will definitely be a 2.19.81 since there are PostScript changes
necessary for 2.20.  Also there is a problem with various properties in
connection with volta repeats that is a regression and I need to tackle
that but have two talks on the next weekend I need to prepare.

> P.S. I understand development takes time, and I'm not saying "Thou
> shalt release 2.20 soon or I shalt hunt you down" or anything like
> that.

Good luck with that.

> I'm curious and looking for some information. Sorry if this message
> comes across as rude.

Sorry if our release schedules come across as rude.  It's mostly my
fault, but then there are still some things that I seem unable to
offload on others when I find myself stalling.

--
David Kastrup