Re: Lyric alignment

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Lyric alignment
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:14:21 -0700

Hi, Sam!

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Samuel Speer <address@hidden> wrote:
Try this:

\override Lyrics.LyricText.extra-spacing-width = #'(-inf.0 . +inf.0)

HTH,
AbrahamĀ

Thank you very much! That was very helpful.

For the benefit of anyone who reads this archive in the future, the positive should actually come before the negative:

\override Lyrics.LyricText.extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)

Also, here is the page of the Internals Reference that explains this:

Did that work for you? I actually can't get that to work on any 2.19 release (at least up to 62, can't confirm beyond that at the moment), but I also didn't realize that my solution was throwing errors so that's no good. Sorry about that.

What about this:

\override Lyrics.LyricText.X-extent = #'(0 . 0)

This works for me as expected.

Best,
Abraham