Issue with tablature in full score

From: Matt Hood
Subject: Issue with tablature in full score
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:39:41 +1100

Hi all,

I’m putting together an arrangement for four guitars, with the parts in tab and
the full score in standard notation. Each part is its own variable, and then
separate instances of Staff and TabStaff are used to output in the different
formats.

I’ve gone back through and added fingering information to make the tab
sensible, using these commands:
\set TabStaff.minimumFret = #??
\set TabStaff.restrainOpenStrings = ##??

This makes a nice looking tab, but now the full score is littered with extra
clefs and spacing issues on every instance that I’ve changed some property of
TabStaff.
Is there a way to disable all occurrences of a TabStaff in the full score?
Worst case scenario I can use tags, but that’s awfully tedious. Or I could have
two copies of the parts, but then I’ve got to change two files for every
alteration, which isn’t a great practice.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,
Matt.