sesqui-flat spelling

From: Edward Neeman
Subject: sesqui-flat spelling
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 22:37:13 -0500

Hello all,

I've gotten quite used to the fact that "as" is A flat and "es" is E
flat in Lilypond. Is there a reason why sesqui-flats need to be
spelled aeseh and eeseh (instead of the abbreviated "aseh" or "eseh")?

This is not a huge issue, though it is annoying that Frescobaldi isn't
aware that these abbreviations aren't accepted. So if I convert
relative to absolute pitch in Frescobaldi, it changes my aeseh's to
aseh's, and I need to search and replace to be able to compile again.

Thanks!
Edward

Dr. Edward Neeman
Adjunct Instructor, South Georgia State College
Collaborative Pianist, Valdosta State University, Georgia
Artist Faculty, ELMS Conservatory, Jakarta
address@hidden
www.neemanpianoduo.com