Re: Frescobaldi Qt5

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi Qt5
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:37:31 +0100

Hi Brett,

Am 23.11.2017 um 04:54 schrieb Brett M. Gilio:
I know the Frescobaldi developers have been planning for a transition to
PyQt5/Qt5. I am quite versed with python and qt5, does anybody know how
far along they have gone in this?

As can be seen from https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/blob/master/ChangeLog this transition has been completed some time ago. Frescobaldi 3 exclusively requires Python3 and PyQt5. There's a glitch on some (?) LInux distributions that tend not to properly recompile one custom library after any PyQt5 update but basically it works.

But you are more than welcome joining development with other topics.
Just one example: currently I'm reviewing the code produced by a student of the Google-Summer-of-Code project (https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/pull/974). The point we're currently at (and I've got a bit stuck) is adding/improving the integration of the functionality with QActions, i.e. a natively Qt related issue. Apart from that you could find yourself some minor tasks from the issues or feature requests and start getting familiar with the code base. Of course you won't be on your own with this ...

Best
Urs