Re: Question about the horizontal spacing

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Question about the horizontal spacing
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:48:30 -0600

On Thu 07 Dec 2017 at 02:53:51 (+0300), Rus wrote:
> Hello!
> I have some questions about horizontal spacing:
> — How to reduce the proportional notation?

No idea.

> — How can I control (I need to increase) the space between the bar line and
> the following note (or lyrics syllable)?

  \override Staff.BarLine.X-extent = #'(0 . 2.0)

will do that but also needs revertion at the end of each line.
Others will probably make better suggestions.

Using #'(-2.0 . 2.0) does appear to have the side-effect of
reducing the proportionality of note placement.

However, have you considered using ChoirStaff instead of
StaffGroup? Conventionally, the barlines are unspanned
so that they don't interfere with the lyrics.

I'm not sure how you produced your second example (older
version maybe) but the yyyy lyric appears unaware of
the melisma.

Cheers,
David.