Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:17:21 +0100

On 09.12.2017 00:56, Noeck wrote:
I'm not too familiar with Ubuntu's update path, but is it possible for
you to upgrade to 17.04 - maybe the poppler issue has been resolved in
later releases? Just an idea for testing. If you're not wanting to leave
your older-but-stable OS, I totally understand.
With 17.04 I had to install an older python3-poppler-qt5 as described
above to solve the issue. But with 17.10 Frescobaldi works again out of
the box on my computer.

Until now I’ve stuck to my resolve to not open that can of potential problems coming with less stable Ubuntu versions. How much of a risk is there?

Best, Simon