Re: Vintage Jazz Chords post in 2011 - Howto get it to display on Fresco

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Vintage Jazz Chords post in 2011 - Howto get it to display on Fresco?
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 11:41:29 +0100

Am 24.12.2017 16:49, schrieb Daryls_Produce:
Hi Forum People:

Back in 2011 Nathan Ho posted the following code to share code for jazzers
so that they can notate chords in their own way.

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Jazz-Chord-Symbols-tt10516.html#a196223

I pasted this into Frescabaldi, there were no error, but it didn't display
anything!

How do I get it to display?

I pasted this into Frescabaldi...

you have to paste it to where lilypond can find it. That is not necessarily the font directory of lilypond, but I think that is not a wrong place. lilypond does not have frescobaldi in the search path.

I mentioned
https://github.com/OpenLilyPondFonts/lilyjazz
as an actual lilyjazz version in a past mail, but that is working with lilypond v.2.19.12+
I am not sure if this expels older lilypond versions as
https://github.com/OpenLilyPondFonts/lilyjazz/blob/master/LilyPond-Fonts-Installation-And-Usage.txt
says:
"NOTE: Since LilyPond versions tend to get installed side by side, you may need to repeat the process below ..."
?