Re: edition-editor usage

From: Mason Hock
Subject: Re: edition-editor usage
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 03:55:35 +0000

Urs Liska:

> Am 27. Dezember 2017 18:32:00 MEZ schrieb Mason Hock <address@hidden>:
>>> I usually use the EE to
>>> set the needed breaks:
>>> \editionModList breaksForTargetX sing.with.bach.Score \break 5,9,13,17
>>
>> Thanks, Jan-Peter. This works well, except that partial-complication
>> relied on the break sets defined with page-layout.conditional-breaks.
>> Do
>> you know if it is possible for partial-complication use breaks defined
>> with edition-engraver?
>

> Actually I do not see why any of this should be incompatible. Both
> page-layout and partial-compilation *use* the EE. Maybe it is a naming
> conflict somehow.

Here's a reduced example of what I have. Can you spot what I'm doing wrong?

\version "2.19.80"
\include "oll-core/package.ily"
\loadPackage edition-engraver
\loadPackage partial-compilation
\loadModule page-layout.conditional-breaks
\loadModule bezier.shapeII

\addEdition violinI
\editionMod violinI 1 2/4 score.violinI.Voice \once \shapeII #'(()()(p
110 1.5)()) Slur
\consistToContexts #edition-engraver Score.StaffGroup.Staff.Voice

% the problem persists whether or not the breakset has the same name as
the edition
\registerBreakSet violinI
\setBreaks violinI page-breaks #'(56)
\setBreaks violinI line-breaks #'(7 14 21 28 35 42 49)
\applyConditionalBreaks violinI
\setClipPage violinI 1

\score {
  \new StaffGroup {
    <<
      \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Violin 1" \editionID violinI }
      \relative c'' { c c c( d) \repeat unfold 252 c }

      \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Violin 2" }
      \relative c'' { \repeat unfold 256 c }

  }
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \editionID score % removing this line fixes conditional-breaks and
                       % partial-compilation but breaks edition-engraver