Re: Is anyone maintaining midi2ly?

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: Is anyone maintaining midi2ly?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 22:05:22 +0000

Forgot to copy the list on this reply.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Ellis <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 2:11 PM
To: Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden>

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 11:02 AM Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Michael,

I saw your post on lilypond ml and I was very curious and interested to test your system. But I had no success!  This is what I did:

- copy and pasted your demo code (like in this screenshot)

image.png

- clicked on Submit and got this error

image.png

What I did wrong?

Hi Gianmaria,
Check the "Choose pitch characters" radio buttons above the notation entry area. That error message means it was looking for numeric pitches instead of alpha pitches. For 'abcdefg' pitches, it should look like

choosepitchchars.png

May I suggest to add a "Test" button that fill in the editor with the demo code?

That's a good suggestion.
Thanks for trying tbon and let me know if you have further issues.
Cheers,
Mike

Write music faster with Tbon.