Re: GSoC applications

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: GSoC applications
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 15:50:26 -0600

On 1/9/2018 2:53 PM, Urs Liska wrote:
On https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/GSoC-Guidelines#user-content-community-mentors I outlined a new inofficial GSoC role that I would like to install for this year: Community Mentors.

I think you're on to something here, Urs. I was thinking over past GSoC project results. Has there been a pattern where the student reaches the end of the project period, and then needs to return to their studies just when the LilyPond community begins integrating their code? And suddenly lots of additional requirements appear, unforeseeable without extensive experience in LilyPond development?

If so, that might be the place where the community mentor could take over and say, "Thanks for the code, good luck with your degree. If you need to move on, we can take care of it from here."
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA