Re: OpenLilyLib with Windows

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: OpenLilyLib with Windows
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:41:04 +0100

Hi Joey,

Am 11.01.2018 um 12:00 schrieb Johannes Roeßler:

Hm, looks all correct.

Could you please

a) try to enter C:/OLL/ to Frescobaldi's path (just a guess)
b) try if you can access *any* file that is relative to a path given to Frescobaldi's include path?Urs
Hi Urs,

unfortunately you have to "pick" a folder - I can't enter the path manually. But for I actually couldn't access *any* file - your question pointed me to the solution: - I have to put it into my Users-Directory - just on root does'nt work (as long you're not logged in as admin, I assume) - now its working.

So like c:\users\Joei\OLL

Great. I didn't look forward to fixing yet another Windows related issue (last time was a few days ago ...)

BTW - are you the one maintaining Openlilylib.org? It looks very promising - alas there is no real content :)

Well, I'm the one *not* maintaing it ;-)

I also found it promising, but got stuck with something and didn't get over it (basically it's the result of an online course I did). IIRC it was about feeding content to the web app. All the content stubs you can see are hardcoded as JSON objects :-o which is obviously not scalable at all.

So if anyone out there would be willing to help with that Node/Angular site we may finally get at least some global information online (what it is, how it can be used, what is available - my mid-term wish of having a proper auto-generated documentation from the packages themselves is another matter).

Best
Urs

Cheers Joei