Empty Staves & Overriding Sequences

From: joedavnport
Subject: Empty Staves & Overriding Sequences
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 18:58:39 -0700

Hi LilyPond,

Here are some general questions on coding, which I think can be answered in any way that works. The first, however, is more specific.

Q1. Is there a way to create (and show) an empty stave in a score, rather than creating {s1 s1 s1} spaces?

-because I'm lazy.

Q2. Sometimes I want to omit a phrasing for certain files (e.g. showing repeat marks), instead of showing the variation for a repeated phrase, or section. Feel free to share if this seems more or less integriful (music wise) but for the most part I'm wondering if it can be done beside phrases ordered within a single variable.

-As of writing, most of my phrasing is sequenced under one variable and stays this way even with separate files. I came closer to identifying each part separately, with different variables, it is harder for me to get the right representation from the score. This means to me that I need to use an override inside a "relative c' {__ }" or within /score <</new staff { phrase 1 phrase 2}>>. Again, I want to adapt the output so as to have written parts for one section and repeat marks in the other.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to contribute. If I do not hear back, I will certainly try to solve the problem on my own at some point. I consider myself fortunate, as is, to have found a viable means of copying music, accessible and without the environments of traditional software!

joe

p.s. if anyone wants to hear solutions i might find with independent variables, let me know. i think it can be done but probably requires a /score that is very specific. i hope this was not too difficult.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A