Re: Tuplet number and articulation

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Tuplet number and articulation
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 10:34:19 -0500

On 1/27/2018 10:29 AM, Thomas Morley wrote:
On 1/26/2018 11:32 PM, Tiago Pereira wrote:

Hi, everybody!

In the example below, the tuplet number is moved upwards when the
articulation is added. How to prevent this from happening?

\relative c' {
    \stemUp
    \tuplet 3/2 4 {
    c8 d e f g a b c d e f g
    c,,8^> d e f^> g a b^> c d e^> f g }
}

Thanks anyway.

If you decide to break out the triplets and write them separately, you could
easily create overrides for each number and move them to taste, FYI.

\override TupletNumber #'Y-offset = #3

etc.

But, it's not as easy to do that when they are all grouped together the way
they are currently (3/2 4)

Why not:

\relative c' {
    \stemUp
    \override Script.outside-staff-priority = 0
    \tuplet 3/2 4 {
    c8 d e f g a b c d e f g
    c,,8^> d e f^> g a b^> c d e^> f g }

  Harm

Hi Harm!

So strange, I initially thought about staff priority and tried overriding it in Frescobaldi but I noticed no change in my output, so I figured maybe there was a conflict with stemUp or something. Turns out, it was user error on my part :) Just tried your code and it does the trick. I must have been half asleep or something.

Your solution is easy and works great, thank you!