Re: Openlilylib edition-engraver. I need help understanding how to refer

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Openlilylib edition-engraver. I need help understanding how to reference contexts.
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:46:53 +0100

Am 27.01.2018 um 16:53 schrieb Stefano Troncaro:
Thanks guys!

Urs, your explanation is very detailed and dissipated any remaining doubts I had left about this issue.

Glad to hear :-)

Jan-Peter, I pulled the changes and after a quick test going through some files everything seems to be working fine. I'll let you know if something comes up.

About writing an explanation that I would have found useful, do want me to email it to you? Send it to the list? Tell me how you wish to receive it and I'll write it up.

Well, that depends on what you will have. If it's fragments of arbitrary information please send it to Jan-Peter and me by private email. If you have something coherent and you may even have an idea where it could be made available don't hesitate to write something in a (new) file in the repository and send us a pull request. Or you might add something to the project's Wiki. On the other hand it may also be useful to start further discussion on the mailing list, that depends on the concrete case.

I've stumbled over a few other things that don't behave as I expected, but I don't yet know if it is related to the edition-engraver, to bad structuring on my part, or to lack of knowledge of Lilypond's inner workings. Whatever the case is, I'll make a new thread when I manage to reproduce them in small contained examples.

Please do! Most of these projects are developed from the very concrete perspective of one's personal use case, and having someone else stumbling over inconsistencies is the best way to improve the software.
Best
Urs

Thank you again for all your help!
Stéfano