Re: TAB with right hand fingering(s) IN CHORDS ?

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: TAB with right hand fingering(s) IN CHORDS ?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 19:52:20 +0100

I experimente with this fingering notation:

\version "2.19.80"

\layout {
  \context {
    \TabStaff
      \override StrokeFinger.digit-names = ##("P" "I" "M" "A" "X")
    \consists New_fingering_engraver
    strokeFingerOrientations = #'(down )
  }
  %{
The finger characters under the chord are written one above the other and therefore unredable. To change this, I think there is some change in the source by the developers necessary. Tshe finger characters "upper case" are correct you see with this "\set strokeFingerOrientations = #'(right)" example. The warnings show, that this case of fingering of of chords "down" is not considered.
  %}
}
#(define RH rightHandFinger)

\new TabStaff \relative c {
  %\set strokeFingerOrientations = #'(down )
  {
  c-\RH #1 e-\RH #2 g-\RH #3 c-\RH #4
  }

  %\set strokeFingerOrientations = #'(right )
  %\set strokeFingerOrientations = #'(up right down)
  {
  < c-\RH #1 e-\RH #2 g-\RH #3 > 4

Regards