Modifying the initial clef sign.

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Modifying the initial clef sign.
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 11:50:34 +0000

Trying to engrave a piece of piano music where the left hand starts in the treble clef. The music I’m copying from has a bass clef at the start of the piece, followed by a clef change immediately before the first note, which I think was standard practice in the 19th century (but I'm willing to be told otherwise in the 21st).

Is there any way of reproducing this? I tried the snippet below, but it doesn't give me the bass clef sign.

\version "2.19.52"

\language "english"

\score {
 \new Staff {