Re: duration longer than meter?

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: duration longer than meter?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 22:27:23 +0100

A misunderstanding, sorry. Chopin etc was not MY argument. It was one in the thread Thomas Morley thankfully referred to
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/turning-a-blind-eye-to-dotted-note-td209224.html
setting me on his "black list". One of many arguments (Thomas Hämmerle, correct, not to query: "Situations like my tuplet example (even with tuplet bracket/beam crossing a barline) can be found in Chopin's works among others, *so notes stretching over barlines are, albeit rare, absolutely possible* and not necessarily a
"mistake". "
I know that hangers as I had a student pianist friend as studied (not music). There is an interesting list https://music.stackexchange.com/questions/25562/help-with-interpreting-notation-in-chopins-nocturne-op-9-no-2. There are some more, Tchaikowsky and others, mostly errors of the editors!
-------------------

But to repeat and to correct the perspective, my basic question kept unanswered and I do not want to repeat vain discussions again, it does not make sense!

For short:
Why does not message me lilypond a warning (or something else) if I do this?
 \relative c'' {
 d4  cis8  c8  b8. ais8  a  gis
 }

I can work on i. e.
 \relative c'' {
 d4  cis8  c8  b8. ais8  a  gis a b c
 }
No problem for lilypond! That is beyond my understanding, to long and fro black list.

That was the start of the thread Thomas Morley referred to above. Slightly connected to the question "duration longer than meter?" Isn't it?

Regards