Re: Colored scores for Rock bandconsisting of members with mental disabl

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Colored scores for Rock bandconsisting of members with mental disablilities
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 15:02:31 +0100

Am 11.02.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Ben:
On 2/11/2018 8:30 AM, Hallvard Paulsen wrote:
Hello all
I am an absolute beginner when it comes to LilyPond and musical scoremaking in general, so please correct me if I am not behaving according to this lists rules.
(I also have very limited experience with the musical terms in English, so please correct me if there is something obviously wrong.)

I was hopeing it would be possible to use lilypond to produce scores with a mixture colored/numbered noteheads, and also MIDI files to play the voices of any missing bandmember should they not be able to attend a rehersal. Also good "pointers" are hard to find, and even harder to keep over time, so if their job could be "automated away" to some degree, it would make the future much more predictable.

One more thing, down the road, you could also make a "legend" that will essentially auto-color as you go along, so you can set it and forget it :)
Advanced, but I thought I would get you going in the right direction! LilyPond is very powerful.

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=890

(see attached image)

If the image attached to the OP are actually what is desired it will not be as simple as overriding the color of certain objects. There certainly are quite different semantics in that image, and we know too little about it.

But in general I'd say it is certainly possible to achieve something like that in LilyPond. We would need more concrete information on how the musical content is mapped to the colored areas, and I can't tell you how much effort it would be.
But principally LilyPond should be able to do what you need.

HTH
Urs