Re: Multiple staffs

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Multiple staffs
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 19:27:36 -0600

On Sun 25 Feb 2018 at 23:27:31 (+0000), J Martin Rushton wrote:
> The only slight niggle is whether I can persuade Lily to
> use the full instrument names at the start of the main section rather
> than the short names.

You can use \set to change shortInstrumentName on the fly at any time.
Whatever is its value is when a new system begins is what gets written
before the staff. If you're using something like \RemoveAllEmptyStaves,
you might need a bit of trial and error to make sure you place each of
your \set shortInstrumentName declarations in the appropriate place for
the line break decisions being made by LP.

Cheers,
David.