Re: \pralllUp inside Staff

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: \pralllUp inside Staff
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:39:24 -0700 (MST)

Ali Cuota wrote
> in BWV 572 (trio Sonate d-minor)

Ah, I guess you mean BWV 527... ;)

Ali Cuota wrote
> he wants a prallUp (well I understand it this way) inside the staff (see
> picture). I tried with
> the 3 ways I found inside the Notation manual (\raise, \super,
> \dir-column) (version 2.18.2) but none works.

\raise, \super etc. are markup commands.
Moreover, by moving the \prallup (Script) in between the notes, the overall
note spacing is affected (in the other two staves, too, of course).
Therefore, you should try to manipulate the Script positioning.
This is possible by specifying X-offset and Y-offset values, and, in order
to move it away from the preceding notehead, you could even use
extra-spacing-width:

 \version "2.18.2"

 \new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff \relative {
     \key d \minor
     \time 6/8
     d''8 ~ d32 cis b a e'16 g, g8\prall f
     \once\override Script.Y-offset = #-1.5
     \once\override Script.X-offset = #-3.2
     \once\override Script #'extra-spacing-width = #'(-0.6 . 0)
     as\prallup
   }
   \new Staff \relative {
     \clef bass
     \key d \minor
     \time 6/8
     bes!8 g a d,8. es16 c! d |
   }

I've set the whole measure and included one other stave to show the correct
rhythmic alignment of the resulting note columns.

prallup-inside.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t3887/prallup-inside.png>

HTH,
Torsten