Re: Is lilypond really suitable for composing?

From: Nathan Sprangers
Subject: Re: Is lilypond really suitable for composing?
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 11:11:11 -0400

One of my professors suggested sketching a piece on a 4 staff system when composing/orchestrating. I did try doing this in lilypond with the idea that snippets and phrases from each staff would be stored as variables which could then be used in the full score. So sort of working backward from a reduction to a full score. For the purpose of orchestrating it worked alright, but even working with a reduced score, lilypond is not an efficient tool for composing/creating.

-Nathan