Re: Variables and Repetition

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Variables and Repetition
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 08:33:04 +0100

On 25/03/18 04:13, John A wrote:
> I am entering the notes in relative mode, and when I engrave the score,
> if the ending notes of the figure are too high or low, on the second
> repetition the whole figure will be an octave too high or too low. On
> the next repetition, it goes an octave higher or lower. If I put in a '
> or , to try to bring it back into place, it throws of the initial
> instance of the figure.

This is exactly what I've done. Other people don't recommend doing that
,.. enter the notes in absolute pitch.

Or do what Han Wen did for me, and look at \resetOctave (or is it
\resetRelativeOctave - can't remember). Either way, there is a command
to reset the pitch back to a specific octave.

Cheers,
Wol