Re: Extra space at the beginning of the bar

From: paolo prete
Subject: Re: Extra space at the beginning of the bar
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 13:10:23 +0200

I think that the biggest problem is that a skip event doesn't implement the Graphical Objects Interfaces' properties AFAIK (I just searched trhough the API)
Then, no X-offset or extra-spacing-width ... etc. are avaible for it
IMHO, it should be considered as a Graphical Object, because it is placed in a precise position in the staff and dynamics, markup etc. can be added to it.

Any feedback about that?

Hello Kieren,

thanks for your help.
Unfortunately yhe first option adds space only after a barline, and not at the measure on the left of the staff,  and the second option doesn't add space if the measure starts with a rest or skip event.

I could use   "\tweak Rest.extra-spacing-width ... " for the rest but I don't know what to apply to a skip event...

How can I fix that?